Americanized Mexican at it’s finest.
- 1/2 medium onion diced
- 1/2 lb mushrooms sliced thin
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 chicken cutlets
- Handful cilantro chopped fine
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 parts toasted ground cumin, 1 part black pepper, 1 part coriander, 1 part garlic powder, 1 part paprika, 1 part ground chile
- Jack cheese shredded
- Cojita cheese crumbled
- Canola Oil
- Flour tortillas
- Heat a skillet on medium high
- Season chicken salt and then spice mix. Don’t be shy about it. Save ~1tbs to put in the veggies.
- Sear cutlets in oil, i generally go 4 minutes a side, loosly cover skillet with foil (or the lid i guess) after flipping to second side
- Meanwhile – heat skillet on medium low
- Cook onions and pepper till soft in a tbs of oil, then add garlic for a minute, then add mushrooms and remaining spice mix.
- Evac veggies and chicken when done
- Meanwhile get the griddle or a non stick skillet going on medium
- Chop chicken and veggies together, mix in cilantro
- Mix cheese in equal proportions
- Make quesadillas- spray canola, tortilla down, cheese on top.
- Wait till cheese melts.
- Put chicken mixture on half, fold over, press, flip, evac
- Let sit a minute, cut into quarters
- Serve with tomatillo salsa
Try #1 was missing something. I started with a chicken breast. It took too long in the oven and the cumin wasn’t enough. Will try to solve this by upping the cumin and switching to cutlets.