This is a nice dish. Classy even. And who doesn’t like panko? (my spell checker that’s who.)
- 3 tbs of butter
- 3/4 cup panko
- 2 tbs thyme
- Salt and Pepper
- melt butter
- toast panko in butter
- add thyme, salt, pepper. Let cool
- 2 tbs parsley minced fine
- 2 tbs tarragon minced fine
- 2 tbs mayo
- 1 tbs mustard
- 4 salmon filets – skin attached but scored
- 1 egg beaten.
- Heat oven to 325
- Combine egg with Panko business
- Salt both sides of the salmon
- Get a baking sheet with a cooling rack in the bottom. Cover rack with foil and brush (or spray) on canola oil
- Place salmon on rack (you will do your final assembly here)
- Using a knife, spread herb business on each filet
- Using your hands, press on the panko crust
- Bake ~20 minutes until salmon has reached 125 for done correctly, 135 for overdone if your crowd can’t take a little pink.
This was originally based on a recipe from cooks illustrated. It’s morphed a bit over the years (i like panko and thyme more than they do) but they deserve a shout out.
Don’t put the panko on too thick. Less is more.
Leave a Reply