These are sprouts are based off the sprouts that dell’anima in new york city used to serve long ago. This dish made me (and the rest of nyc) crave sprouts.
- 4 parts honey
- 1 part white wine vinegar
- 3 sprigs rosemary
- 2 tbs pink peppercorns
- Sprouts, stem trimmed, cut in half outer leaves taken off and reserve the good ones
- Bacon cut into lardons
- Shallots sliced
- For the dressing – combine everything, simmer for 15-20 minutes
- Cook bacon, evac and reserve
- Drain fat until a couple tbs remain.
- Sear sprouts cut side down
- Reduce heat and add shallots till cooked soft
- Evac to bowl, toss with bacon, cranberry, and walnut
- Toss with dressing, don’t overdress here.