You’ve got some random stuff. Make a random pasta. With butter.
- Let’s call it 3 tbs butter
- Let’s say 1/3 cup of pasta water
- Half an onion – diced
- A few cloves of garlic – minced
- Some meat (I like sausage)
- Stuff to compliment meat (Mushrooms are yummy, so are peppers and tomatoes)
- Pepper flakes are a good idea, parsley is optional,
- Parmesan is not
- Saute pan, pot, collander, tongs
- In saute pan, brown off meat. Set aside
- Cook onions for a bit, add compliments as you see fit. don’t forget the salt. When the pasta is almost done add the flakes and the garlic
- Meanwhile, cook pasta. don’t forget to salt the water.
- When the pasta is done grab a couple of ladle fulls of pasta water and drain the pasta
- Here is where it gets fun: turn the saute pan to medium low, push the veggies to the side melt the butter, whisk in some pasta water. a sauce will form. taste, add butter and water till you have enough sauce to coat the pasta. add salt if you need it
- Put the pasta and the meat in pan, toss to combine
- Sprinkle on some parsley (or not)
- Plate, Grate on some parm, eat.
You can do this with anything. It’s easy and delicious.
Another recent variation – shrimp and tomato.