- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic roughly chopped
- 1 15oz can of fire roasted crushed tomato
- 1 chipotle in adobo + 1 tbs sauce
- 1/2 tsp mex oregano
- 1 tbs ancho chile powder
- 1/2 lime
- 1/4 cup cilantro minced
- Cojita cheese
- Sweat onions and garlic in some oil with salt
- Add chile powder and mex oregano and cook for 1 min
- Add tomato and chipotle
- Taste to see if it is spicy enough, if not add more adobo or another chipotle
- Cook ~15 minutes
- Hit it with the stick blender till smooth
- Add lime + cilantro.
- Salt and pepper.
- Black beans
- Cotija cheese
- Canola oil
- Warm black beans (use this recipe minus the chorizo or a can if your lazy)
- Cook chorizo in skillet in a little oil. Evac and wipe skillet clean
- Heat tortillas in skillet in oil.
- Evac to plates
- Fry eggs
- To plate: place the yolk of the egg on the left edge of tortilla, then cover the white part of the egg that is on the tortilla with salsa.
- On the remainder of the tortilla, put a half moon of chorizo, and then a half moon of black beans. Top beans with avocado slices
- Sprinkle cilantro and cotija cheese
Mostly serious eats. This recipe will be the W’s huevos rancheros of mass destruction in my presidents day dinner.