Steak sometimes needs business, sometimes it doesn’t. But if you need to get rid of some basil, this is great business.
- 1 packed cup basil leaves only
- 3 scallions
- 2 tsp thyme
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tbs salt
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 skirt steak (~2.5 lbs)
- Blend everything (except steak) into paste
- Spread paste on meat, let sit at least an hour
- Pat steak dry, removing most (some) of the business
- Grill steak (or sear in cast iron) – 5 minutes a side
NYT Cooking… I dropped the pickled peppers from this and upped the garlic and salt. I didn’t like the peppers when i tried it originally. Ymmv.